Monday, May 26, 2008

Buying property in USA for non-citizens

My research indicates that foreigners can also buy real estate in US as corporations.

In brief here is how it works:

1. Find an incorporation agent in Nevada (they are all over internet)
2. Have them draft for you articles of incorporation or draft them yourself (not too difficult)
3. Authorize your agent to file them and be your corporate agent in Nevada
4. Directors of the company do not need to be US citizens or residents.
5. Obtain EIN from IRS
6. Open US bank account
7. Contact Dun and Bradstreet and provide them your info if you want to build credit (optional)
8. And start buying real estate

Don't take my word for it and do your own research as I'm not an attorney.

No comments: