Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Successful Mailing



I have been unbelievably successful with this letter in my local area. I have modified it slightly to protect my trading names (I don't actually call my business Easy Marketing!).

I should point out that EVERY letter is sent to a named individual that I have previously researched (although not always actually spoken to). And my response rate? 100%. Yes, you read that correctly. I have never failed to get an appointment using this letter and one follow up call. Of course I could just simply be a genius, but I suspect it is largely down to the letter.

*****************

Dear John

If you’re in business, then you’re in marketing. It goes without saying that your marketing and sales tactics are the lifeblood of your enterprise. But when did you last take a really comprehensive look at your marketing activities? Are you getting as many sales leads, customers or visitors as your company can handle? And are customers coming back time and time again without fail, and bringing their friends and family with them? The truth is that for most businesses the answer is ‘probably not’!

But you know it’s hardly surprising. You have a business to take care of! And as well as customers to satisfy, you probably have people to manage, suppliers to coordinate and accounts to watch. Marketing activity doesn’t always get the priority it deserves.

‘Marketing’ means many things to many people. For some it’s about advertising and branding. For others it may be about customer service and feedback. The fundamentals of course haven’t changed for decades, but the practical applications are changing constantly. Have you asked yourself recently if YOUR marketing is fully up to date with modern technologies, or new trends and innovations?

Let me give you an example. I’ve no doubt that at some point you’ve sent a mail-shot to your prospects or customers. Maybe a letter, a flyer or a brochure. It’s an established and valuable way of creating an impression and generating sales leads. But have you ever considered ‘lumpy mail’? I mean a three-dimensional mailing that actually grabs the attention, generates a little fun or simply provides something of lasting value? It has been categorically proven that lumpy mail generates over 76% higher response rates than conventional printed literature. Customers are not only more inclined to respond themselves, but are also far more likely to discuss your mailing with their colleagues or friends, generating even more enquiries. When I talk with customers about lumpy mail they say ‘David, it sounds expensive’. But it’s not! In fact, certain items – especially in smaller quantities – are easier and cheaper to produce than fancy printed brochures or catalogues. And recent changes to the postal pricing structure in the UK has actually made it cheaper to send 3D mailings too.

Another example. I guess you have a website for your business. Maybe you even trade from your site or collect email addresses for mailing purposes. But have you kept up to date with 'social bookmarking', 'web 2.0' and 'viral marketing' techniques? Sites like Facebook, Digg and LinkedIn are quickly becoming THE places to promote business on the internet, and most of the best promotional techniques cost nothing!

For many people keeping up to date with new ideas and technologies is a real challenge. And that’s where I come in, because I spend most of my LIFE researching new marketing opportunities and then translating those opportunities into practical ideas for my customers. And when I come across something new I make sure that idea can be implemented easily. That why I call my programmes Easy Marketing.

Here’s how I evaluate new marketing strategies. When I research a new idea I ask myself three questions:

1. Can this idea be implemented for LESS than fifty pounds? It’s an arbitrary figure but one that most businesses can easily afford.
2. Can the idea be implemented in LESS than 10 minutes a day? Yes - we are all busy people. Good marketing should be fast and effective.
3. Can I ‘set and forget’? By this I mean once it’s running will this technique bring in new enquiries, referrals or orders week after week with no additional effort.

When I find techniques that fill one or more of these conditions it goes into my arsenal of Easy Marketing tactics. I currently have over 150 of these tactics – each one producing incredible results for the companies that have used them.

I’d like to share some of those tactics with you. And I’d like to prove that I can transform your business. That’s why I’m inviting you to spend just one hour with me, conducting what I call an Easy Marketing Audit. It’s how I evaluate where you are with your business and which techniques are likely to create the quickest improvements in the shortest time. I won't tell you how to run your business. But I can tell you how to make it better.

Please call me, or send an email, and let’s arrange to meet soon. Give me just one hour discussing your business, and I’ll produce a detailed report highlighting where you can make significant increases in enquiries, referrals, sales or profits. Easily.

In fact, you don't even have to contact me. I'll call you in the next 48 hours and I hope you'll give me a few minutes.

Regards

*****************

No comments: